When we prophecy we are representing Jesus, therefore prophecy is releasing the testimony of Jesus revealing what Jesus has on His heart for His people.
I believe the foundation of prophecy is the 1st & 2nd Commandment:
Matthew 22:37: Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
The 1st commandment is the great commandment; it is not a choice!
- Jesus called loving God the greatest lifestyle. He said “it’s the great commandment”.
- Loving and being loved is our inheritance. We love Him because He first loved us. 1 John 4:8, He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
- Prayer positions our heart to hear God-hearing His heart escorts us into friendship.
- Our identity must be in that fact He loves us so we love Him, NOT in our gifting.
- Beholding principal; what we behold we become.
- If you touch the first commandment, you will become far steadier in the second commandment and have a far greater impact.
- When I enjoy God I sin less, quit less, obey more and willingly serve Him whole heartily.
2nd Commandment – you shall love your neighbor as yourself.
- When we are ministering to Jesus’ bride we must do reverence.
- We ministering in love; always looking to restore people’s hope and confidence in God.
God has always desired to have us so close to Him in intimacy that we hear His heart and His voice and discern His will.
The way we see God and the way we think He sees us affects how we see others. This will impact the way we prophesy. We need to understand and know what God is really like and have a right paradigm of His emotions/character in order for us to truly understand how He sees others.
Proverbs: 23:7: For as he thinks in his heart, so he is.
Zep 3:17 The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.